Were hotel guests really trapped in their rooms by ransomware? Does anti-virus increase your attack surface so much that it's not worth running at all? And 11% of people on the internet are running ad blockers, says company which blocks ad blockers.
Oh, and we have a new theme tune...
Computer security veterans Graham Cluley, Vanja Svajcer and Carole Theriault chit-chat about the world of online privacy and computer security.
TWITTER : ▶ https://twitter.com/smashinsecurity
ITUNES : ▶ https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/smashing-security/id1195001633
STITCHER : ▶ http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=128568&refid=stpr
WEB : ▶ http://www.smashingsecurity.com
- Hotel guests locked in their rooms by ransomware? It doesn't make sense
- Disable Your Antivirus Software (Except Microsoft's)
- It might be time to stop using antivirus, and just regularly update your software instead
- No, disabling your anti-virus software does not make security sense
- Vesselin Bontchev tweets about Google's Tavis Ormandy
- More than 10% of the Internet Population Is Now Using an Ad-Blocker, Finds Report
- A new report says ad blocking is worsening
- 500 publishers were hacked through anti-ad block tool PageFair
Subscribe and leave us a review on iTunes - it really helps!