A creepy teddybear leaks two million voicemail messages, Windows 10 pushes you into only installing vetted apps, and Boeing warns 36,000 employees their personal information could have been exposed after a worker sends a spreadsheet to his wife.
All this and more is discussed by computer security veterans Graham Cluley, Vanja Svajcer and Carole Theriault.
- Announcing the first SHA1 collision
- Tavis Ormandy: Cloudflare Reverse Proxies are Dumping Uninitialized Memory
- Incident report on memory leak caused by Cloudflare parser bug
- List of Sites possibly affected by Cloudflare's #Cloudbleed HTTPS Traffic Leak
- Quantifying the impact of "CloudBleed"
- CloudPets commercial
- Data from connected CloudPets teddy bears leaked and ransomed, exposing kids' voice messages
- Microsoft slaps Apple Gatekeeper-like controls on Windows 10: Install only apps from store
- Boeing Notifies 36,000 Employees Following Breach
This episode of Smashing Security is sponsored by NetFort - https://www.netfort.com/
NetFort LANGuardian is easy-to-use network traffic and security monitoring software that tells you what is really happening on your network - no specialist hardware required!
Check out the demo of LANGuardian and download a free trial from https://www.netfort.com/. Mention "Smashing Security" and you'll save 20% off your order!
Thanks to NetFort for sponsoring this episode of Smashing Security.
TWITTER : ▶ https://twitter.com/smashinsecurity
ITUNES : ▶ https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/smashing-security/id1195001633
STITCHER : ▶ http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=128568&refid=stpr
WEB : ▶ https://www.smashingsecurity.com
Subscribe and leave us a review on iTunes - it really helps!