Hotel malware has been stealing guests' payment card details... again, should businesses relay delay rolling out vulnerability patches, and Burger King's Whopper TV ad campaign tries to take advantage of viewers' Google Home devices with predictable results.
All this and more is discussed by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by special guest Paul Ducklin.
- InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) Notifies Guests of Payment Card Incident at IHG-Branded Franchise Hotel Locations in the Americas Region - IHG.
- Affected hotel look-up tool - IHG.
- Been to one of these 1170 IHG hotels? Your credit card details may have been stolen by malware - Bitdefender.
- Microsoft patches Word zero-day booby-trap exploit - Naked Security.
- Microsoft zero-day vulnerability was being exploited for cyber-espionage - Graham Cluley.
- The Shadow Brokers - Wikipedia.
- Burger King's 'OK Google' sad ad saga somehow gets worse - The Register.
- Burger King Connected Whopper ad - YouTube.
Recorded Future is the real-time threat intelligence company whose patented machine learning technology continuously analyzes technical, open, and dark web sources to give organizations unmatched insight into emerging threats.
Sign up for free daily threat intelligence updates at https://recordedfuture.com/intel