About This Episode
Hackers are blackmailing cosmetic surgery patients, and threatening to release their naked photos. A British Airways IT snafu causes travel chaos for thousands. And Germany is threatening to throw hefty fines at Facebook if it can't police its content properly.
All this and "Covfefe" is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by special guest John Hawes.
- Cosmetic surgery hacked. Nude photos and data exposed on the dark web, as hackers blackmail patients - Bitdefender.
- Lithuanian cosmetic surgery firm's website - Grožio Chirurgija.
- British Airways: Chaos continues at Heathrow - BBC News.
- What went wrong at BA? - BBC News.
- Delta finally explained how one power outage grounded an entire airline - BGR.
- Facebook said Germany's plan to tackle fake news would make social media companies delete legal content - Business Insider.
- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles.
- Spanish art restorer, 82, who turned Jesus into a 'hairy monkey' in clumsy restoration of famous work signs merchandising deal as image gets imprinted on T-shirts - Daily Mail.
- Clash of Clans - Supercell.
- This is what Candy Crush does to your brain - The Guardian.
- Sweet Sweet - Reverb Nation.
- Help Sweet Sweet - Bonnaroo Bound! - GoFundMe.