The UK government wants you to give your credit card details to porn sites, Ashley Madison offers compensation to the people whose lives it ruined, and an adult website wants you to pass its unorthodox and below-the-belt biometric identity check… gulp!
All this and Myspace, Google Glass, Fleabag, and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by technology journalist and broadcaster David McClelland.
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Special Guest: David McClelland.
- Recorded Future: Recorded Future is the real-time threat intelligence company whose patented machine learning technology continuously analyzes technical, open, and dark web sources to give organizations unmatched insight into emerging threats.
Sign up for free daily threat intelligence updates at https://recordedfuture.com/intel
- BBC One – X-Ray, Summer Specials, Photography Special — Watch David McClelland on iPlayer if you’re in the UK. There may also be ways of watching this outside the UK. We couldn’t possibly comment…
- Vladimir Putin Cut From Two Upcoming Hollywood Movies — Hollywood Reporter
- It’s not Yourspace, it’s Myspace — Leigh-Anne Galloway shares her research on Myspace’s diabolical security.
- Myspace fixes account security hole – but delete your account anyway
- The UK will block online porn from next year. Here’s what we know — Wired
- Ashley Madison will pay $11.2 million to data breach victims — Engadget
- You can now use a dick pic as a password. Why, god? Why. — Mashable
- Nasty Bug Left Thousands of Internet of Things Devices Open to Hackers — Motherboard
- Millions of IoT devices at hacking risk due to flaw in open source software library — Bitdefender Box blog
- Meet the Thirteenth Doctor Who — YouTube.
- Fleabag — Sadly there is no way at all for anyone outside the UK to watch shows on BBC iPlayer. Definitely not. Nope. No way at all. Impossible.
- IRL Podcast: Online Life is Real Life — Mozilla’s new podcast
- Google Glass is officially back with a clearer vision — Engadget
- Black Mirror: The Entire History of You — We didn’t mention it on the podcast, but this episode of “Black Mirror” includes the new Doctor Who – Jodie Whittaker.
- This Startup Wants to Replace Your Office With 3D Holograms – Bloomberg — Article about Meta, which is testing augmented reality technology on its employees