WannaCry hero Marcus Hutchins (aka MalwareTech) pleads not guilty to malware charges, the Scottish parliament is hit by a brute force attack, IoT smart locks aren't so smart, and.. ahem.. someone is sending intimate pics via AirDrop to unsuspecting commuters.
All this and more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by technology journalist Geoff White.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Special Guest: Geoff White.
- Recorded Future: Recorded Future is the real-time threat intelligence company whose patented machine learning technology continuously analyzes technical, open, and dark web sources to give organizations unmatched insight into emerging threats.
Sign up for free daily threat intelligence updates at https://recordedfuture.com/intel
- “The Secret Life of Your Mobile Phone” — Geoff White’s show at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe
- MalwareTech is back online, as he pleads not guilty to Kronos malware charges — Graham Cluley.
- Scottish parliament hit by cyber-attack similar to Westminster assault — The Guardian.
- Hackers try to break into Scottish parliament email accounts weeks after Westminster attack — Graham Cluley.
- Blocking Brute Force Attacks — Advice from OWASP.
- Hundreds of ‘smart’ locks bricked by flubbed remote update — Graham Cluley.
- Friendly neighborhood hacker helps family regain access to locked car — Graham Cluley.
- AirDropping penis pics is the latest horrifying subway trend — New York Post.
- Is there a way to view AirDrop transfer history? — Apple Support community.
- What Is AirDrop? How Does It Work? — Lifewire.
- Exposing yourself is illegal – so why should the law tolerate cyber-flashing on online dating apps? — The Independent.
- Saint Louis Rapid & Blitz — Grand Chess Tour.
- Amazon’s LoveFilm postal rentals is shutting down — Radio Times.
- “Waking up with Sam Harris”
- Smashing Security podcast on Facebook
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)