Are public figures lying about being hacked? What were online criminals doing with 711 million email addresses? And how could scammers profit from Hurricane Harvey?
All this and more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Troy Hunt.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Special Guest: Troy Hunt.
- Recorded Future: Recorded Future is the real-time threat intelligence company whose patented machine learning technology continuously analyzes technical, open, and dark web sources to give organizations unmatched insight into emerging threats.
Sign up for free daily threat intelligence updates at https://recordedfuture.com/intel
- Trump appointee says for the ‘past several years’ he has been the victim of ‘multiple cyber attacks’ — Graham Cluley.
- Trump appointee: Comment calling Obama’s mother a ‘[email protected]!re’ result of ‘Internet crimes’ against me — CNN.
- Inside the Massive 711 Million Record Onliner Spambot Dump — Troy Hunt.
- Have I been pwned? — Check if your email has been compromised in a data breach
- Harvey Hoax: There are no sharks on Houston’s flooded freeways — WCVB 5.
- Photo of planes at flooded Houston airport is a fake — Daily Mail.
- Charity Listing – BBB Wise Giving Alliance — Give.org.
- Wise giving in the wake of Hurricane Harvey — FTC.
- The Phoenix Comic
- Little Ripper Lifesaver Drones Spot Sharks Electronically — YouTube.
- Smashing Security on Facebook
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)