User interfaces and poor procedures lead to pandemonium in Hawaii, hackers are attempting to trick victims into opening cryptocurrency-related email attachments, and yet more pox-ridden apps are found in Android's Google Play store.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by special guest Paul Ducklin.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Special Guest: Paul Ducklin.
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- CloudBerry Lab: Backup files, folders and system images to the cloud storage of your choice – with built-in 256 bit encryption ensuring your precious data remains private.
- Hawaii’s ballistic missile false alarm and a user interface failure
- Hawaii missile alert: How one employee ‘pushed the wrong button’ and caused a wave of panic
- What Hawaii Was Like After the False Nuclear Alarm
- Cryptocurrency as the lure, an ISO as the attachment – why not open it?
- Malware Displaying Porn Ads Discovered in Game Apps on Google Play
- Games with pornographic ads sneak into the Play Store, get 3 million downloads
- Fake WhatsApp app tricked over a million users
- @ruanyf on Twitter’s picture of a visual display for a Chinese lavatory
- Police give out infected USBs as prizes in cybersecurity quiz
- IBM distributes USB malware cocktail at AusCERT security conference
- IBM has been shipping malware-infected USB sticks
- Olympus Stylus Tough camera carries malware infection
- Google Arts and Culture app: How to find which famous painting you look like – and why people don’t want to
- Google Arts & Culture
- Smashing Security on Facebook
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)