It’s not fair to describe what happened at Facebook and Cambridge Analytica as a data breach – it’s much worse than that. An autonomous Uber vehicle kills a pedestrian. And sextortion continues to be a serious problem.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, who are joined this week by researcher Scott Helme.
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Special Guest: Scott Helme.
- MetaCompliance: People are the key to minimizing your Cyber Security risk posture. MetaCompliance makes this easier by providing a single platform for Phishing, Cybersecurity training, Policy, Privacy and Incident management.
Go to smashingsecurity.com/metacompliancePromo Code: SMASHING
- Revealed: 50 million Facebook profiles harvested for Cambridge Analytica in major data breach
- Revealed: Trump’s election consultants filmed saying they use bribes and sex workers to entrap politicians
- Cambridge Analytica’s grab of 50 million Facebook users’ data
- Cambridge Analytica controversy: Was there a Facebook data breach?
- Martijn Grooten’s GDPR joke
- How To Change Your Facebook Settings To Opt Out of Platform API Sharing
- Uber Halts Autonomous Car Tests After Fatal Crash in Arizona
- Warning from police: scammers solicit nude photos for blackmail
- Warning ‘sextortion’ on the rise as models used in online blackmail scams
- West Australians targeted on social media in ‘sextortion’ scam
- StartPage Web Search
- Introducing Cloudflare Workers
- The brand new Security Headers Cloudflare Worker
- PGN Piano on YouTube
- Move Forward Guitar on YouTube
- Fretjam on YouTube
- Smashing Security on Facebook
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)