Politician admits to hacking a rival’s website, T-Mobile Austria ends up in a Twitter security storm, and siren systems are hit by a Rick Astley attack.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by special guest Maria Varmazis.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Special Guest: Maria Varmazis.
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- Spoof blogger attacks Harman site
- Harman hack horror has blog backing Boris
- Harriet Harman resigns!
- Boris Johnson left hanging on zip wire during Olympic event
- How to Hack Harriet Harman
- Top Conservative MP tipped as a future Prime Minister admits hacking into Labour MP’s website
- Bafflement over Tory MP’s admission she hacked Harriet Harman’s website
- Harriet Harman accepts Tory MP Kemi Badenoch’s hacking apology
- The lax computer security of British MPs – as detailed in their own tweets
- T-Mobile Austria thread on Twitter
- T-Mobile Stores Part of Customers’ Passwords In Plaintext, Says It Has ‘Amazingly Good’ Security
- Emergency alert systems used across the US can be easily hijacked
- Researchers Rickrolled Emergency Alert Sirens in Proof-of-Concept Hack
- Bertram Fiddle – A Victorian point and click adventure game
- Adventures of Bertram Fiddle: Episode 1 for iOS
- Adventures of Bertram Fiddle: Episode 1 for Android
- Adventures of Bertram Fiddle: Episode 1 on Steam
- security.txt – A proposed standard which allows websites to define security policies
- Wild Wild Country
- HROOME Modern Cute Dog Lamp
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)