Crime forums on Facebook, fraudsters pose as anti-fraud hotlines, and how big advertising companies are in bed with the rampant data collection of internet giants.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by special guest B J Mendelson, author of “Social media is bullsh*t.”
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Special Guest: B J Mendelson.
- MetaCompliance: People are the key to minimizing your Cyber Security risk posture. MetaCompliance makes this easier by providing a single platform for Phishing, Cybersecurity training, Policy, Privacy and Incident management.
Go to smashingsecurity.com/metacompliancePromo Code: SMASHING
- Oh look “security expert” Rudy Giuliani shows you how to do a special “dark web scan”, courtesy of Experian…
- Nobody seems to know what Rudy Giuliani’s cybersecurity firm actually does
- Deleted Facebook Cybercrime Groups Had 300,000 Members
- How to Report Abuse on Facebook
- Martin Sorrell Resigns as Chief of WPP Advertising Agency
- Airbnb co-founder Nathan Blecharczyk spam pioneer says book
- An Apology for the Internet — From the People Who Built It
- Automated Action Fraud Tech Support scam calls
- Crime in England and Wales from Office for National Statistics
- Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix
- Devolo dLAN® 550 WiFi Starter Kit – Powerline WiFi
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)