Coinrail cryptocurrency exchange goes offline after hack, Russia appears to be ‘live testing’ cyber attacks, and Florida stopped running background checks on gun buyers because of forgotten password.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by The Register’s football-mad John Leyden.
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Special Guest: John Leyden.
- VirusTotal: VirusTotal Intelligence is one of the world’s largest malware intelligence services. Security professionals rely on it to better understand the effects of malware in enterprise networks.
- Find out more at https://www.virustotal.com/learn
- Bitcoin price takes a dive after another cryptocurrency exchange hack
- Mikko Hypponen on Twitter explains why cryptocurrency exchanges get hacked
- $1m by 2020: John McAfee will still ‘eat his own d*ck’ if he’s wrong about Bitcoin
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia
- Russia appears to be ‘live testing’ cyber attacks – Former UK spy boss Robert Hannigan
- French TV network taken off air after attack by pro-ISIS hackers
- TV5Monde attack proves hacking attribution is very difficult
- TV station exposé its own passwords on l’air. A Franglais report
- VPNFilter botnet has hacked 500,000 routers. Reboot and patch now!
- VPNFilter exploits endpoints, targets new devices
- Florida Didn’t Run FBI Background Checks on Gun Buyers for a Year Because of a Forgotten Login
- Adam Putnam’s office stopped reviewing concealed weapons background checks for a year because it couldn’t log in
- Background Check Procedures: State by State
- Department of Agriculture investigative report
- Is It Normal?
- What is the Camino de Santiago?
- Eating and Drinking on the Camino de Santiago
- Pulperia Ezequiel – Great place to eat pulpo (octopus)
- Britannica Insights Is a Chrome Extension to Fix False Google Results
- Britannica Insights – Chrome Web Store
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)