Ransomware rears its head again, Dixons Carphone reveals its data breach was almost 1000% worse than they previously thought, a man is accused of stealing five million dollars worth of cryptocurrency through hijacking mobile phones, and a Canadian guy called Norman is rushing to get the typewriters out of storage.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by journalist Geoff White.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Geoff White.
- MetaCompliance: People are the key to minimizing your Cyber Security risk posture. MetaCompliance makes this easier by providing a single platform for Phishing, Cybersecurity training, Policy, Privacy and Incident management.
Go to smashingsecurity.com/metacompliancePromo Code: SMASHING
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- Shipping company’s networks in the Americas crippled by ransomware attack
- Yahoo addresses used by Cosco following ransomware attack
- BitPaymer Ransomware Infection Forces Alaskan Town to Use Typewriters for a Week
- Jim Hagemann Snabe, Maersk chairman, describing their recovery from the NotPetya ransomware – YouTube
- Dixons Carphone admits hack far bigger than originally thought
- Dixons Carphone breach statement (June 2018)
- Dixons Carphone updated breach statement (July 2018)
- ‘Tell your dad to give us Bitcoin’ How a Hacker Allegedly Stole Millions by Hijacking Phone Numbers
- Smashing Security 086: Elon Musk submarine scams and 2FA bypass
- Slow Burn: A Podcast About Watergate
- Bill Clinton: “I did not have sexual relations with that woman” – YouTube
- How an Ex-Cop Rigged McDonald’s Monopoly Game and Stole Millions
- Legion Season 2 Teaser Trailer – YouTube
- Legion Season 2 – Amazon
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)