What’s the danger when browser extensions go bad? Is Twitter sharing your online status a boon for stalkers? And which of the show’s hosts is going to admit to cheating in their exams?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by technology journalist David McClelland.
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: David McClelland.
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
- But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
- Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- MEGA.nz Chrome extension caught stealing passwords, cryptocurrency private keys
- Security warnings for MEGA Chrome extension users
- Twitter testing new feature that reveals when you’re online… Who other than stalkers actually wants this?
- Giving social networking back to you – The Mastodon Project
- Graham Cluley on Mastodon
- Photomath – Camera calculator
- Technology Gives Students Innovative Tools for Cheating
- Students’ cheating takes a high-tech turn
- Microsoft Education: Take a Test – YouTube
- Required to install school malware on my personal computer – Reddit
- The Lord of the Rings (1978 film) – Wikipedia
- Rotoscoping – Wikipedia
- Tower – Official Trailer – YouTube
- Tower – Netflix
- Cone – Live Color Picker
- The dress – Wikipedia
- A professor and his son-in-law came up with a brilliant invention to slash water use by 98% – Ikea is already a partner
- Altered:Nozzle – YouTube
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)