Malicious script is being blamed for the British Airways hack, Trend Micro's apps are booted out of the Mac App Store for snaffling private data, and Paul Manafort's daughter wants Twitter to remove a link.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by David Emm of Kaspersky Lab.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: David Emm.
- MetaCompliance: People are the key to minimizing your Cyber Security risk posture. MetaCompliance makes this easier by providing a single platform for Phishing, Cybersecurity training, Policy, Privacy and Incident management.
Go to smashingsecurity.com/metacompliancePromo Code: SMASHING
- A Deceitful ‘Doctor’ in the Mac App Store
- Alert: Adware Doctor stealing your files – YouTube video
- Apps that steal users’ browser histories kicked out of the Mac App store
- Trend Micro apologises after Mac apps found scooping up users’ browser history
- British Airways hacked – customer data and details of 380,000 card payments stolen
- The British Airways Breach: How Magecart Claimed 380,000 Victims
- British Airways hack: Infosec experts finger third-party scripts on payment pages
- Law firm launches £500 million group action over British Airways hack
- British Airways Fly The Flag We’ll Take More Care Of You 1979 UK Advert – YouTube
- Hacked texts from family of former Trump campaign manager surface on the dark web
- Manafort’s Daughter’s Lawyers Pressured Twitter to Delete Links to Hacked Text Messages
- Wikileaks Refused To Publish Manafort Family Texts, So Someone Else Did
- How Employing Autistic People Can Help Stop Cyber-Attacks
- McFadden’s Cold War (@Coldwar_Steve) on Twitter
- When Phil Mitchell met Trump: Coldwar Steve and his Brexit Britain mashups
- Noel Edmonds – Wikipedia
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)