Yes, Smashing Security has reached its 100th episode!
Despite our celebratory mood, we don't forget to take a look at the security stories of the last week – including an alarming IoT failure and a dating app disaster for Donald Trump devotees.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
Boxcryptor encrypts your sensitive files and folders in Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive and many other cloud storages. It combines the benefits of the most user friendly cloud storage services with the highest security standards worldwide. Encrypt your data right on your device before syncing it to the cloud providers of your choice.
Listeners can get a 40% discount on the Boxcryptor Personal License (private use) and Boxcryptor Business (perfect for self-employed) by visiting smashingsecurity.com/boxcryptor
- The very first episode of Smashing Security: “One cup, two hotel guests” — Sorry about the poor audio quality. Turns out we got better…
- Yale UK announces some “unplanned network maintenance” — Twitter
- Yale UK’s network maintenance isn’t going well — Twitter
- Cllr Steve Wortley is not very happy with Yale UK — Twitter
- Beth is not impressed with Yale UK either — Twitter
- Kirstie Pendry doesn’t fancy waking her entire street at 5am — Twitter
- Yale Smart Home Borkage: Server Issues Cause Alarm App Fail — Computer Business Review
- Yale Weds: Just some system maintenance, nothing to worry about. Yale Thurs: Nobody’s smart alarm app works — The Register
- Hundreds of ‘smart’ locks bricked by flubbed remote update — Graham Cluley
- Hotel guests locked in their rooms by ransomware? It doesn’t make sense — Graham Cluley
- 71% of Tinder users say political differences are a deal breaker — MSNBC
- New Dating App for Trump Supporters Seeks to ‘Make America Date Again’ — Newsweek
- The ‘Donald Daters’ Trump Dating App Exposed Its Users’ Data — Motherboard
- Donald Daters, a dating app for Trump supporters, leaked its users’ data — Techcrunch
- How I “found” the database of the Donald Daters App
- Robert Baptiste’s video of Donald Daters vulnerability — Twitter
- Blue Peter — Wikipedia
- Tony Walsh’s beautiful tribute to Blue Peter will give you goosebumps — CBBC on Twitter
- Janet Ellis — Wikipedia
- Sophie Ellis-Bextor — Wikipedia
- Tony Walsh’s performance of ‘This Is The Place’ at the Manchester attack vigil — YouTube
- A Scary Time by Lynzy Lab — YouTube
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)