Twitter and the not-so-ethical hacking of celebrity accounts, study discovers how you can pay someone to quit Facebook for a year, and the millions of dollars you can make from uncovering software vulnerabilities.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Maria Varmazis.
- Recorded Future: For anyone who is baffled by threat intelligence, and the benefits that it can bring to your company, this is the book for you.
- “The Threat Intelligence Handbook” is an easy-to-read guide will help you understand why threat intelligence is an essential part of every organisation’s defence against the latest cyber attacks.
- Download it for free at smashingsecurity.com/intelligence
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
- But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
- Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- Dad pays girl $200 to give up Facebook — YouTube.
- How much is social media worth? Estimating the value of Facebook by paying users to stop using it — PLOS.
- Being paid to quit Facebook — Graham Cluley.
- This account has been hijacked (temporarily)! — Insinia.
- Security firm hijacks high-profile Twitter accounts — BBC News.
- ‘Serious’ Twitter flaw allows hackers to post on other people’s accounts — Computer Weekly.
- Twitter is Broken — The AntiSocial Engineer.
- About Twitter’s SMS PIN feature — Twitter.
- How to Tweet via text message — Twitter.
- Earn $2,000,000 by remotely jailbreaking an iPhone — Graham Cluley.
- Zerodium Offers $2 Million for iOS Hacks, $1 Million for Chat App Exploits — Security Week.
- Life as a bug bounty hunter: a struggle every day, just to get paid — MIT Technology Review.
- Yahoo changes bug bounty policy following ‘t-shirt gate’ — ZDNet.
- Equifax Was Warned — Motherboard.
- Remove Background from Image – remove.bg.
- ‘Tidying Up With Marie Kondo’ Is a Quiet Delight — The Atlantic.
- Tidying Up with Marie Kondo | Official Trailer — YouTube.
- Bear Brook podcast.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)