Twitter and the not-so-ethical hacking of celebrity accounts, study discovers how you can pay someone to quit Facebook for a year, and the millions of dollars you can make from uncovering software vulnerabilities.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Maria Varmazis.
- Recorded Future: For anyone who is baffled by threat intelligence, and the benefits that it can bring to your company, this is the book for you.
“The Threat Intelligence Handbook” is an easy-to-read guide will help you understand why threat intelligence is an essential part of every organisation’s defence against the latest cyber attacks.
Download it for free at smashingsecurity.com/intelligence
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- Dad pays girl $200 to give up Facebook — YouTube.
- How much is social media worth? Estimating the value of Facebook by paying users to stop using it — PLOS.
- Being paid to quit Facebook — Graham Cluley.
- This account has been hijacked (temporarily)! — Insinia.
- Security firm hijacks high-profile Twitter accounts — BBC News.
- ‘Serious’ Twitter flaw allows hackers to post on other people’s accounts — Computer Weekly.
- Twitter is Broken — The AntiSocial Engineer.
- About Twitter’s SMS PIN feature — Twitter.
- How to Tweet via text message — Twitter.
- Earn $2,000,000 by remotely jailbreaking an iPhone — Graham Cluley.
- Zerodium Offers $2 Million for iOS Hacks, $1 Million for Chat App Exploits — Security Week.
- Life as a bug bounty hunter: a struggle every day, just to get paid — MIT Technology Review.
- Yahoo changes bug bounty policy following ‘t-shirt gate’ — ZDNet.
- Equifax Was Warned — Motherboard.
- Remove Background from Image – remove.bg.
- ‘Tidying Up With Marie Kondo’ Is a Quiet Delight — The Atlantic.
- Tidying Up with Marie Kondo | Official Trailer — YouTube.
- Bear Brook podcast.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)