A $150 million mansion is hijacked online, Brits will soon have to scan their passport to watch internet porn, and are organisations right to pay up when hit by ransomware?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by technology broadcaster David McClelland.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- What Is a Zillow Zestimate? — YouTube.
- Zillow sued over hacked listing of $150 million California mansion — Chicago Tribune.
- The Headington Shark, Oxford.
- UK Digital Economy Act 2017 — Legislation.gov.uk.
- AgeID | Your Access to the World of Age-Restricted Websites.
- CleanBrowsing DNS. — Free DNS Parental Control, DNS Filter and Web filter.
- Ray Charles - Georgia On My Mind — YouTube.
- Rural Jackson County, Georgia. recovering from ransomware attack — StateScoop.
- Georgia county pays a whopping $400,000 to get rid of a ransomware infection — ZDNet.
- Confidential report: Atlanta's cyber attack could hit $17 million — Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- EmojiTetra (@EmojiTetra) on Twitter.
- Emoji Snake Game (@EmojiSnakeGame) on Twitter.
- The Butterfly Effect — Podcast with Jon Ronson.
- So You've Been Publicly Shamed — Amazon.com.
- How old do I look?
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)