With Graham incapacitated, we drag an episode out from the archives. In this special “splinter” episode of the “Smashing Security” podcast from September 2017 we tackle the tricky subject of backups – When did you last backup your data? How and what should you backup? And where should you store them?
Lots of questions and Graham gets to do his Tina Turner impression.
All this and more is discussed in this edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Maria Varmazis.
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Maria Varmazis.
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
- But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
- Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- MetaCompliance: People are the key to minimizing your Cyber Security risk posture. MetaCompliance makes this easier by providing a single platform for Phishing, Cybersecurity training, Policy, Privacy and Incident management.
- Go to smashingsecurity.com/metacompliance Promo Code: SMASHING
- Tina Turner – Private Dancer — YouTube.
- The Baranton Sisters foot juggling tables — YouTube.
- How to create a robust data backup plan (and make sure it works)
- How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch — Apple Support.
- How to back up your Android phone or tablet: The ultimate guide — Android Central.
- Crashplan stops offering its consumer backup solution
- Carbonite cloud backup
- Backblaze Online Backup
- Mozy Cloud Storage & Backup
- Amazon Glacier
- CloudBerry Lab – Cross-Platform Cloud Backup
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)