Israel strikes back at Hamas’s hacking HQ, a new sextortion email comes with a twist, and Carole saves the world with some help from hacked Roomba vacuum cleaners.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Malicious Life’s Ran Levi.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/127 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Ran Levi.
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
- But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
- Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- Gartner: Gartner’s Security & Risk Management Summit, running from June 17-20 2019 in National Harbor, Maryland, is the premier cybersecurity conference for CISOs, IT Security & Risk Professionals. Get the latest unbiased research and advice on cyber attacks, and emerging technologies including AI, blockchain, machine-learning and more.
- Visit smashingsecurity.com/gartner to find out more. Smashing Security listeners can save $350 off the standard registration rate by using the code “SMASHING”. Promo Code: SMASHING
- MetaCompliance: People are the key to minimizing your Cyber Security risk posture. MetaCompliance makes this easier by providing a single platform for Phishing, Cybersecurity training, Policy, Privacy and Incident management.
- Go to smashingsecurity.com/metacompliance Promo Code: SMASHING
- New Extortion Email Scam Threatens to Release Your Sex Tape — Bleeping Computer.
- Here’s what an Ashley Madison blackmail letter looks like — Graham Cluley.
- Suicide and Ashley Madison — Graham Cluley.
- Israel bombs building containing alleged Hamas hackers — Graham Cluley.
- IDF says it thwarted a Hamas cyber attack during weekend battle — Times of Israel.
- Israel: Hamas Tried to Spy on Soldiers With Fake Dating Apps — Bloomberg.
- Ransomware attack on Israeli users fails miserably due to coding error — ZDNet.
- Michael Reeves on Twitter.
- A Robot That Picks Tomatoes Out of Your Salad — YouTube.
- A Robot That Shoots Energy Drink at You When You Get Tired — YouTube.
- Consumption of Tide Pods — Wikipedia.
- The Roomba That Screams When it Bumps Into Stuff — YouTube.
- This Person Does Not Exist.
- Have they faked me?
- Drugslab — YouTube.
- The Hows and Whys of Influencing People — Reddit.
- How Master Manipulators Conceal Their Intentions — Kletische.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People — Wikipedia.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)