Don’t hire a hacker, they might scam you! What works and what doesn’t when it comes to protecting your email account? And China’s controversial social credit system comes under the microscope.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/129 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Maria Varmazis.
- MetaCompliance: People are the key to minimizing your Cyber Security risk posture. MetaCompliance makes this easier by providing a single platform for Phishing, Cybersecurity training, Policy, Privacy and Incident management.
- Go to smashingsecurity.com/metacompliance Promo Code: SMASHING
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
- But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
- Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- Vote for Smashing Security in the EU Security Blogger Awards
- “How to hack a Facebook account…” – how on earth to answer? — Graham Cluley.
- Hack for Hire: Exploring the Emerging Marketfor Account Hijacking — Report from University of California, San Diego and Google.
- Google research: Most hacker-for-hire services are frauds — ZDNet.
- New research: How effective is basic account hygiene at preventing hijacking — Google Online Security Blog.
- The complicated truth about China’s social credit system — Wired.
- China bans 23m from buying travel tickets as part of ‘social credit’ system — The Guardian.
- Is China’s social credit system as Orwellian as it sounds? — MIT Technology Review.
- Opinion: Why India needs to be wary of China-style social credit ratings — LiveMInt.
- Mihail Tal vs. Vassily Smyslov // Sacrificial Maniac vs. Positional Maestro — YouTube.
- Outray Chess — YouTube.
- What We Left Behind: Looking Back at Star Trek: Deep Space Nine — A documentary film produced by 455 Films.
- DS9 Doc Heads To Uk & Ireland – List of Locations — TrekSphere.
- Joe Rogan — Wikipedia.
- Tesla’s Elon Musk smokes weed on Joe Rogan podcast, havoc ensues – Vox — Vox.
- Faux Rogan — Can you tell which are real or fake (Faux Rogan)?
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)