You won’t believe who had to report themselves to the data protection agency for a breach, or who has been sharing doctored videos of political rivals, or how much money you can make selling a laptop infected with malware… and how Carole gets her diva on.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, who aren’t joined by a guest this week.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/130 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- Recorded Future: For anyone who is baffled by threat intelligence, and the benefits that it can bring to your company, this is the book for you.
- “The Threat Intelligence Handbook” is an easy-to-read guide will help you understand why threat intelligence is an essential part of every organisation’s defence against the latest cyber attacks.
- Download it for free at smashingsecurity.com/intelligence
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
- But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
- Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- Final chance to vote for Smashing Security!
- Apple Podcasts New & Noteworthy, What’s Hot Sections Are Back — Kate Erickson.
- When selling security awareness training by email, probably a good shout not to hit ‘reply all’ — The Register.
- Ghostery Email Incident Update — Ghostery.
- NHS IT bod sends test email to 850k users – and then responses are sent ‘reply all’ — The Register.
- Google mistakes the entire NHS for massive cyber-attacking botnet — The Register.
- UK NHS 850k Reply-all email fail: State health service blames Accenture — The Register.
- BCC warning when emailing to many TO/CC recipients — SafeSend.
- SendGuard for Outlook.
- Privacywaakhond AP blundert met cc-knop — Computable.
- Tweet by Jeroen Terstegge.
- Canada Plans Fines for Tech Companies That Spread Disinformation — Motherboard.
- #DeleteFacebook: Twitter Users Urge People To Deactivate Accounts After Fake Nancy Pelosi Video Goes Viral — Newsweek.
- Half of European voters may have viewed Russian-backed ‘fake news’ — Politico.
- Inside Facebook’s war room: the battle to protect EU elections — The Guardian.
- The Nancy Pelosi Videos Are Part of a Long GOP Campaign — The Atlantic.
- Mona Lisa ‘brought to life’ with deepfake AI — BBC News.
- The Persistence Of Chaos — Guo O Dong.
- Samantha-Antoinette Smith.
- Samantha Antoinette – Don’t You Know Baby – Copenhagen Blues Festival 2016 — YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)