Scammers steal millions by impersonating a French politician, we offer fashion tips for DDoS attackers, and hear how a small town fought a sextortionist preying on young women.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/134 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Jessica Barker.
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- Edgewise Networks: Edgewise is the industry’s first zero-trust segmentation platform. It’s simple to use interface lets you stops data breaches by allowing only verified software to communicate within your cloud or data centre. Edgewise’s data-centric approach makes micro-segmentation simpler and more secure.
Learn more and get a free trial at edgewise.net.
- Anonymous hacker exposed after dropping USB drive while throwing Molotov cocktail — ZDNet.
- 18 maanden cel voor hacker die website Crelan en pizzeria plat legde — HLN.
- The fake French minister in a silicone mask who stole millions — BBC News.
- He Cyberstalked Teen Girls for Years—Then They Fought Back — Wired.
- Childline — A counselling service for children and young people in the UK.
- Cyberbullying information — FTC.
- Information and resources to curb the growing problem of cyberbullying — National Crime Prevention Council.
- The Coddling of the American Mind.
- Depression, anxiety, suicide increase in teens and young adults, study finds — CBS News.
- Dreyer’s English by Benjamin Dreyer — Penguin Random House.
- Stay Tuned: The Laws of Language (with Ben Dreyer).
- The Defiant Ones (trailer) — YouTube.
- The Defiant Ones — HBO.
- NCSC CyberThreat 2019 (London, GB).
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)