Logic bombs in Excel spreadsheets, how should we protect our brain data from big companies, and how did bizarre messages about Drill rap end up on the Metropolitan Police’s Twitter account and website?
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/138 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: B J Mendelson.
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
- But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
- Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- Tinley Consulting’s website.
- The meaning and origin of ‘Come a cropper’.
- Siemens contractor pleads guilty to planting logic bomb in company spreadsheets — ZDNet.
- Brain data regulation — Practical Ethics, University of Oxford.
- Monkey uses brain to control prothetic arm — YouTube.
- Neuralink and the Brain’s Magical Future — Wait But Why.
- Kernel is trying to hack the human brain – but neuroscience has a long way to go — The Verge.
- No, the Met Police wasn’t hacked. But its Twitter account and website were hijacked — Graham Cluley.
- The war against rap: censoring drill may seem radical but it’s not new — The Guardian.
- Katie Hopkins got her Twitter hacked – you had best continue ignoring her — Graham Cluley.
- Sorry for the Nazi spam from my Twitter account — Graham Cluley.
- Animated Knots by Grog.
- Expel your shallow human form and offer it up to new Garfield! — /r/imsorryjon on Reddit.
- Garfield minus Garfield.
- French inventor to attempt to cross Channel on jet-powered flyboard — The Guardian.
- Spider-Man vs Green Goblin — YouTube.
- ‘Like a damp towel on a line’: the day Boris Johnson got stuck on a zip wire — The Guardian.
- B.J. Mendelson on Patreon.
- Smashing Security on Patreon.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)