Darknet Diaries host Jack Rhysider joins us to discuss how cities in Texas are being hit by a wave of ransomware, how Mercedes Benz has installed a tracker in your car (but not for the reason you think), the security threats impacting smart cities, and a new feature coming to your Facebook app.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/142 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Jack Rhysider.
- Immersive Labs: Immersive Labs provides the world’s first fully interactive, on-demand, and gamified cyber skills platform.
- Try it for free at immersivelabs.com/lite/ and drive down your organisation’s cyber risk while reducing training costs.
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
- But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
- Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- Mercedes spies on drivers by secretly installing tracking devices in cars and passing information to bailiffs — The Sun.
- Three-unique-words ‘map’ used to rescue mother and child — BBC News.
- Rolling a Reliant Robin – Top Gear — YouTube.
- Ransomware Attack Affects Computers In 22 Towns In Texas — NPR.
- What Is A Smart City? — ComputerWorld.
- Access the latest smart city tenders — Bee Smart City.
- Hacking 20% of cars could freeze traffic in NYC, study finds — Smart Cities Dive.
- Lack of Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity Investments in Smart Cities will Seed the Future IoT Vulnerabilities — ABI research.
- Facebook to stop stalking you off-site – but only if asked — BBC News.
- Now You Can See and Control the Data That Apps and Websites Share With Facebook — Facebook News Room.
- Off-Facebook Activity: Control your information — Facebook.
- Smashing Security #075: Quitting Facebook.
- Amazon.com: Logitech M705 Marathon Wireless Mouse — Amazon.
- 40 brilliant idioms that simply can’t be translated literally — TED Blog.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)