Footballers’ wives go to war over Instagram leaks, it turns out fake news is fine on Facebook (just so long as it’s in a political ad), and things take a horrific turn in Japan, as a stalker uses a scary technique to find out where his pop idol lives.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by The Cyberwire’s Dave Bittner.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/150 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Dave Bittner.
- Code42: Code42 provides data loss protection for when employees quit. 60% of employees who quit their jobs admit to taking data. Your organization’s data is more portable than ever and you have employees leaving everyday. Most organizations rely on prevention but there are simply too many ways for data to leave.
- To learn more about how to protect your company’s data from insider threats visit www.code42.com/smashing
- Immersive Labs: Immersive Labs provides the world’s first fully interactive, on-demand, and gamified cyber skills platform.
- Try it for free at immersivelabs.com/lite/ and drive down your organisation’s cyber risk while reducing training costs.
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
- But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
- Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- Tweet by Coleen Rooney on Twitter.
- Tweet by Rebekah Vardy on Twitter.
- Prince Harry launches phone-hacking case against Sun and Mirror owners — The Guardian.
- Mark Zuckerberg: An Elizabeth Warren presidency would ‘suck’ for Facebook — CNN.
- In leaked audio, Mark Zuckerberg rallies Facebook against critics, competitors, and Elizabeth Warren — The Verge.
- Elizabeth Warren Facebook ad mocks Facebook’s fact checking policies — Engadget.
- Graham getting thrashed by Garry Kasparov — @gcluley on Twitter
- Stalker zoomed in on Japanese idol’s eyes to find out where she lived — Graham Cluley.
- Obsessed fan finds Japanese idol’s home by zooming in on her eyes — AsiaOne.
- Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Nintendo Switch Trailer — YouTube.
- Funny English Idioms – and why we say them! — YouTube.
- Vice — Amazon Prime.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)