The UK’s Labour Party kicks off its election campaign with claims that it has suffered a sophisticated cyber-attack, Apple’s credit card is accused of being sexist, and what is Google up to with Project Nightingale?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by John Hawes.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/154 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: John Hawes.
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
- But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
- Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- That “sophisticated” Labour cyber-attack – don’t panic — Graham Cluley.
- General election 2019: Labour Party hit by second cyber-attack — BBC News.
- Election 2019: Security flaw leaves donors’ details online — The Times.
- Apple’s ‘sexist’ credit card investigated by US regulator — BBC News.
- Apple’s credit card caper probed over sexism claims – after women screwed over on limits — The Register.
- Google has access to detailed health records on tens of millions of Americans — Ars Technica.
- Google’s ‘Project Nightingale’ Gathers Personal Health Data on Millions of Americans — WSJ.
- Google buys Fitbit for $2.1 billion — Ars Technica.
- Smart condom ring i.Con is like a Fitbit for your man bits — CNET.
- The Missing Cryptoqueen — BBC Sounds.
- Undone — Amazon Prime.
- Speed Monopoly – How to Play in under 30 minutes! — YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)