A rapping bank worker is accused of stealing from the vault, the devices that can hide your car’s true mileage, and why it may be a case of “No No No” rather than “Ho Ho Ho” when it comes to IoT toys this Christmas.
And as Carole sups the mulled wine, Graham has problems with his internet connection…
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by The Cyberwire’s Dave Bittner.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/159 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Dave Bittner.
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
- But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
- Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- ‘No Chance:’ John McAfee Halts Crypto Promo as US 2020 Elections Near — Coin Telegraph.
- FBI Arrests Former Bank Employee Charged With Stealing Cash From Bank Vault — US Department of Justice.
- “Problem” video — Aceey4oez on Instagram.
- Man posted photos of himself with stacks of cash after stealing from bank: charges — Sydney Morning Herald.
- The 1980 Cadillac Seville.
- Naughty CANbus odometer “interface”. (Fakes mileage.) — Bigclivedotcom on YouTube.
- Children’s data and privacy online Growing up in a digital age (PDF) — London School of Economics.
- Amazon Echo Dot Kids: Privacy violations puts kids at risk, lawsuit alleges — CBS News.
- Parents should be wary of all connected toys, expert says — IT Pro.
- Safety alert: see how easy it is for almost anyone to hack your child’s connected toys — Which?
- Kids’ karaoke machines and smart toys from Mattel and Vtech among those found to have security flaws — Which?
- FTC fines Google $170 million for violating children’s privacy on YouTube — CBS News.
- The movies that made us — Netflix.
- Die Hard — Wikipedia.
- Strong Songs podcast.
- Truth Be Told Official Trailer — YouTube.
- Truth Be Told doesn’t know how to make a murderer — The Verge.
- Truth Be Told — Apple TV+
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)