Carole details how companies are spying on their stay-at-home workers, Mikko Hyppönen discusses the trustworthiness of video chat apps, and Graham gets embarrassed when he admits he's bought a Facebook Portal for his in-laws.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/172 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Mikko Hyppönen.
- DomainTools: DomainTools helps security analysts turn threat data into threat intelligence. Its solutions give organizations the ability to use and create a forensic map of criminal activity, assess threats and prevent future attacks.
Learn more about their products at domaintools.com, or visit domaintools.com/smashing to enter their Capture The Flag competition and be in with a chance to win a $100 gift card.
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- Herrasmieshakkerit — Mikko’s security podcast (in Finnish) with Tomi Tuominen.
- Video trailer for Herrasmieshakkerit — YouTube.
- Has Houseparty really been hacked? $1 million reward offered to unearth who is behind widespread claims — Graham Cluley.
- Houseparty declares that all accounts are safe — Twitter.
- Houseparty announces $1,000,000 bounty — Twitter.
- Zoom Meetings Do Not Support End-to-End Encryption — The Intercept.
- The most popular smartphones in 2019 — DeviceAtlas.
- The Zoom IPO (with Santi Subotovsky) — Acquired podcast.
- Cyber Volunteers – Protecting and Responding for our healthcare services! — CV19.
- Bosses Panic-Buy Spy Software to Keep Tabs on Remote Workers — Bloomberg.
- Your Bosses Are Trying To Spy On You Now More Than Ever — Futurism.
- Companies are using webcams to monitor employees working from home — Business Insider.
- Something Rhymes with Purple — Acast.
- Susie Dent on Twitter.
- Virtual choir from Finland: “Song of the Fearless” — YouTube.
- Someone’s built the entire Earth in Minecraft – to scale — Eurogamer.
- The Earth in Minecraft, 1:1 scale …for the first time — YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)