Carole details how companies are spying on their stay-at-home workers, Mikko Hyppönen discusses the trustworthiness of video chat apps, and Graham gets embarrassed when he admits he’s bought a Facebook Portal for his in-laws.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the award-winning “Smashing Security” podcast with Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/172 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Mikko Hyppönen.
- DomainTools: DomainTools helps security analysts turn threat data into threat intelligence. Its solutions give organizations the ability to use and create a forensic map of criminal activity, assess threats and prevent future attacks.
- Learn more about their products at domaintools.com, or visit domaintools.com/smashing to enter their Capture The Flag competition and be in with a chance to win a $100 gift card.
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
- But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
- Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- Herrasmieshakkerit — Mikko’s security podcast (in Finnish) with Tomi Tuominen.
- Video trailer for Herrasmieshakkerit — YouTube.
- Has Houseparty really been hacked? $1 million reward offered to unearth who is behind widespread claims — Graham Cluley.
- Houseparty declares that all accounts are safe — Twitter.
- Houseparty announces $1,000,000 bounty — Twitter.
- Zoom Meetings Do Not Support End-to-End Encryption — The Intercept.
- The most popular smartphones in 2019 — DeviceAtlas.
- The Zoom IPO (with Santi Subotovsky) — Acquired podcast.
- Cyber Volunteers – Protecting and Responding for our healthcare services! — CV19.
- Bosses Panic-Buy Spy Software to Keep Tabs on Remote Workers — Bloomberg.
- Your Bosses Are Trying To Spy On You Now More Than Ever — Futurism.
- Companies are using webcams to monitor employees working from home — Business Insider.
- Something Rhymes with Purple — Acast.
- Susie Dent on Twitter.
- Virtual choir from Finland: “Song of the Fearless” — YouTube.
- Someone’s built the entire Earth in Minecraft – to scale — Eurogamer.
- The Earth in Minecraft, 1:1 scale …for the first time — YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)