Journalists spying on their rivals, the NHS rejects Apple and Google’s approach to Coronavirus-tracing, and universities are hit by an old-fashioned sexy lady attack.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by special guest Rik Ferguson.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/176 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Rik Ferguson.
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
- But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
- Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- Vote for Smashing Security in the EU Security Blogger Awards!
- Financial Times reporter accessed private calls at Independent and Evening Standard — The Independent.
- FT suspends journalist accused of listening to rival outlets’ Zoom calls — The Guardian.
- Sky News admits it hacked Canoe Man’s email — Naked Security.
- Is it ever acceptable for a journalist to hack into somebody else’s email? — Naked Security.
- NHS rejects Apple-Google coronavirus app plan — BBC News.
- Threat Actors Repurpose Hupigon in Adult Dating Attacks Targeting US Universities — Proofpoint.
- Warwick University kept data hack secret from students and staff — Birmingham Live.
- JustWatch – The Streaming Guide.
- Just Watch — Apple App Store.
- Just Watch — Google Play.
- Fire for Kids Unlimited — Amazon UK.
- Kindle Limited for Kids — Amazon.com.
- J! Archive.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)