What can X Æ A-12 Musk teach us about passwords? How did our guest finally hunt down the man behind one of history’s biggest virus outbreaks in Manila? And what on earth is a hacker doing breaching Roblox security?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by technology journalist Geoff White.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/177 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Geoff White.
- DomainTools: Join our friends at DomainTools for a webinar as they walk you through the process of identifying a nefarious domain, mapping connected infrastructure, and reverse-engineering a ransomware attack which used a Coronavirus disguise.
- Learn more about how DomainTools helps security analysts turn threat data into threat intelligence and watch the webinar at domaintools.com/smashing
- Oracle: Build, test, and deploy applications on Oracle Cloud – for free.
- Sign up at smashingsecurity.com/oracle and you’ll soon be building, testing and deploying cloud applications securely with Oracle.
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
- But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
- Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- Vote for Smashing Security in the EU Security Blogger Awards!
- Graham Cluley on Earworm Island — Earworm Island podcast.
- Carole Theriault on Earworm Island — Earworm Island podcast.
- Elon Musk tweets a photo of his newborn child — Twitter.
- World Password Day — Days of the year.
- Grimes explains the baby’s name — Twitter.
- Don’t Make These 5 Password FAILS! (But Do Notch These 2 Password Wins) — ID Agent.
- Love Bug Virus Creator Comes Clean — Geoff White.
- Memories of the Melissa virus — Naked Security.
- Roblox — Wikipedia.
- What is Roblox? — Digital Trends.
- Hacker Bribed ‘Roblox’ Insider to Access User Data — Motherboard.
- I’m Officially RICHER Than ROBLOX!! (WORLD RECORD BROKEN) — Linkmon99 on YouTube.
- WM97/Michael-B virus analysis — Sophos.
- Bookcase Credibility — @BCredibility on Twitter.
- Five Minutes With: Brian Sewell — YouTube. So you can see how good Graham’s impression is.
- Netflix Party.
- Whole Chicken in a Can — Ashens on YouTube.
- Poundland Food Special – All Day Breakfast — Ashens on YouTube.
- MRE & Ration Reviews — YouTube. A man experiencing and reviewing military rations from 1863-current day.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)