Apps that belch out sensitive military information, what could the world learn from South Korea’s digital response to the Coronavirus pandemic, and who has been deepfaking Bill Clinton, Jay-Z, and Donald Trump… and why?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Brian Klaas of the “Power Corrupts” podcast.
Plus we have a bonus feature interview with Rachael Stockton from Logmein, the folks behind LastPass, all about their report into the psychology of passwords.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/179 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guests: Brian Klaas and Rachael Stockton.
- LastPass: LastPass’s “Psychology of Passwords” report surveyed over 3,000 people around the world to highlight the current state of online security behaviors – and the results are alarming.
- Download it now at smashingsecurity.com/passwordreport
- Immersive Labs: Immersive Labs gives security professionals practical and gamified content to keep pace with the latest threats.
- Listeners can signup at immersivelabs.com/smashing to get instant access to more than 24 hours of free labs AND a new lab to try out each week.
- Boxcryptor: Boxcryptor encrypts your sensitive files and folders in Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive and many other cloud storages. It combines the benefits of the most user friendly cloud storage services with the highest security standards worldwide. Encrypt your data right on your device before syncing it to the cloud providers of your choice.
- Listeners can get a 40% discount on the Boxcryptor Personal License (private use) and Boxcryptor Business (perfect for self-employed) by visiting smashingsecurity.com/boxcryptor
- Military And Intelligence Personnel Can Be Tracked With The Untappd Beer App — Bellingcat.
- What South Korea’s Nightclub Outbreak Can Teach Other Countries — Time.
- When audio deepfakes put words in Jay-Z’s mouth, did he have a legal case? — Ars Technica.
- Jay-Z’s Deepfake Hamlet Recital — To Sue, Or Not To Sue — Forbes.
- Vocal Synthesis — YouTube channel.
- Doordash and Pizza Arbitrage — Ranjan Roy.
- Iron Chef Japan episodes — YouTube.
- Rabbit Hole podcast.
- The Psychology of Passwords — LastPass.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)