A high-rolling Hushpuppi gets extradited to the United States, Carole details her problems with clipboards and Disposophobia, and our guest becomes the subject of fake news during the Senegalese election.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by investigative journalist Michelle Madsen (or is it Michelle Damsen? Hmm…).
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/186 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Michelle Madsen.
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
- But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
- Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- Authentic8: Silo for Research (Toolbox) from Authentic8 is a secure and anonymous web browsing solution that enables threat intelligence, security, and public safety professionals to conduct research, collect evidence, and analyze data across the open, deep and dark web.
- To learn how Silo for Research enables teams to timely and efficiently investigate, while ensuring maximum security and oversight to ensure compliance – including GDPR – go to smashingsecurity.com/authentic8
- Ray Hushpuppi’s Instagram account.
- Your 2.3m Instagram fans won’t stop the FBI… Web star accused of plotting to launder millions from cyber-crime — The Register.
- Hushpuppi and Mr. Woodbery, BEC scammers: Welcome to Chicago! — CyberCrime & Doing Time.
- Dubai Police operation Fox Hunt 2 against Hushpuppi. — Vimeo.
- Cosmic Lynx Threat Dossier — Agari.
- Domain Message Authentication Reporting & Conformance — DMARC.
- How to Combat Fake Emails — Australian Cyber Security Centre.
- My fake news whodunnit: Caught up in a Senegal fake news scam — BBC News.
- The Documentary: My fake news whodunnit — BBC World Service.
- TikTok grabbing the contents of an iPhone clipboard every 1-3 keystrokes — Twitter.
- Popular iPhone and iPad Apps Snooping on the Pasteboard — Mysk.
- The Life and Times of David Lloyd George (with Ennio Morricone theme tune) — YouTube.
- Dogmatix chasing a Roman legionary, to the tune of Ennio Morricone’s Chi Mai. — YouTube.
- A Tribute to Ennio Morricone. — Tableau.
- An Abridged Micro List — Malaika Kegode on Facebook.
- Karen (slang) — Wikipedia.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)