Who stopped Twitter’s hackers from stealing more money? Why are Covid-19 researchers being told to ramp up their cybersecurity? How can you find out if your smartphone is infected with stalkerware? And who does Graham think he is turning down a celebrity dinner invite?
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/188 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Lisa Forte.
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
- But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
- Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- The Twitter mega-hack. What you need to know — Tripwire State of Security.
- The Twitter hack: Why Elon Musk, Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos and others might have reason to be worried — Graham Cluley.
- Twitter Hackers Could Have Stolen A Whole Lot More Bitcoin — Forbes.
- Twitter says hackers downloaded private account data — BBC News.
- UK condemns Russian Intelligence Services over vaccine cyber attacks — GOV.UK.
- Britain’s charges of hacking & meddling ‘make no sense’ but Russia is ready to turn the page & work with UK – ambassador — Russia Today.
- Russian Cyber Espionage Group Targets COVID-19 Vaccine Research and IP — IP Watchdog.
- Google bans ads for stalkerware apps—with some exceptions — Ars Technica.
- Google’s ad ban won’t stop stalkerware apps from promoting themselves — Graham Cluley.
- 1 in 10 Americans uses stalkerware to track partners and exes, poll finds — CNET.
- Stalkerware: Domestic Abuse Victims Face Invisible Threat — Digital Trends.
- How to Check Your Devices for Stalkerware — Wired.
- Find and remove stalkerware and bossware from your phone — Traced.
- President Trump goes one-on-one with Chris Wallace — YouTube.
- Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MOCA) — A similar test to that taken by President Donald Trump.
- Quiz: Could you pass Donald Trump’s cognitive test? — BBC News.
- “How to cognitive” — Sarah Cooper on Twitter.
- Don’t F**k with Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer — IMDB.
- 60 Versions of Leonard Cohen’s ‘Hallelujah,’ Ranked — Newsweek.
- Hallelujah (COVER) – Shaun Brown & Jeremy Dunham — YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)