Can a video game help your company’s staff choose stronger passwords? Why might satellite-based internet communications be bad for security? And what are the alternatives to TikTok?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by The Cyberwire’s Dave Bittner.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/191 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Dave Bittner.
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
- But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
- Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- Passworld: A Serious Game to Promote Password Awareness and Diversity in an Enterprise — USENIX.
- Whispers Among the Stars: A Practical Look at Perpetrating (and Preventing) Satellite Eavesdropping Attacks — Black Hat USA 2020.
- Satellite Broadband Security – James Pavur — YouTube.
- Twitter and TikTok reportedly have had talks about a deal — The Verge.
- Trump bans US transactions with Chinese-owned TikTok and WeChat — The Guardian.
- These apps are scrambling to become the next TikTok — Wired.
- Introducing Instagram Reels — Facebook.
- Quoridor — Wikipedia.
- Quoridor — BoardGameGeek.
- BLACK & DECKER 20V LBX20 Li-Ion Battery USB Power Source Adapter w/DC 12V Port — eBay.
- The Young Offenders — BBC iPlayer.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)