A Bitcoin bungle causes one user to lose millions, hackers attempt to bribe a Tesla employee into infecting the company's network, and are we ready for a sky full of drones?
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/194 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- Confident Cyber Security by Jessica Barker.
- Tweet by John McAfee about the mathematical impossibility of Bitcoin being less than $1 million by the end of 2020.
- The Dickening Countdown to John McAfee Dick Eating.
- Bitcoin Holder Loses $16 Million in BTC to Well-Known Scam — Decrypt.
- Electrum user says he has lost 1400 Bitcoin — GitHub.
- Electrum Bitcoin wallets under siege — Malwarebytes.
- Electrum vulnerability announcement — Github.
- Sybil attack — Wikipedia.
- Fawlty Towers: The best of Sybil — YouTube.
- Electrum Bitcoin Wallet homepage.
- Elon Musk Says Tesla Saved From 'Serious' Ransom Attempt — Data Breach Today.
- Jennifer Lopez - Jenny from the Block (Official Music Video) — YouTube.
- The security impact of drones: Challenges and opportunities for the UK (PDF) — University of Birmingham.
- Security analysis of drones systems: Attacks, limitations, and recommendations — NCBI.
- Drone Delivery? Amazon Moves Closer With F.A.A. Approval — New York Times.
- What Security Threats Are Posed By Drones? — Avast.
- The Surprising Ways Drones Are Saving Lives — National Geographic.
- HEAVE HO!
- Heave Ho - Launch Trailer — YouTube.
- Behind the Schemes: Heave Ho with Le Cartel — YouTube.
- StartUp (TV series) — Wikipedia.
- StartUp - Launch Trailer — YouTube.
- Steal the Stars podcast — Tor Labs.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)