Why are Zoom and Twitter making some people disappear? How are Counter-Strike: Global Offensive cheats getting their just desserts? And the founder of a anti cyber-fraud firm is charged with fraud.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Mark Stockley.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/197 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Mark Stockley.
- Immersive Labs: Immersive Labs delivers hands-on, challenge-based training and exercises to make your team ready to fight real-world threats.
- Check out their free ebook all about the MITRE ATT&CK framework, and how you can use it as part of your cyber skills strategy and improve your security posture by identifying weaknesses.
- Go to immersivelabs.com/smashing
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
- But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
- Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- Package Thief vs. Glitter Bomb Trap — YouTube.
- CSGO Cheaters trolled by fake cheat software — YouTube.
- This Hacker Creates Fake Cheats That Make Cheaters Jump Off Buildings In-Game — Vice.
- Tweet by Colin Madland.
- Which will the Twitter algorithm pick: Mitch McConnell or Barack Obama? — Tweet by @bascule.
- GrahamOrCarole? — Twitter.
- Founder And CEO Of Cyberfraud Prevention Company Arrested And Charged With Securities Fraud Scheme — Department of Justice press release.
- Founder of Anti Cyber Fraud Company Charged With Fraud — Vice.
- Founder of cyber fraud startup ironically facing fraud charges — Gizmodo.
- Interview with NS8’s Adam Rogas — YouTube.
- Mission to the Unknown Recreation – Doctor Who — YouTube.
- The making-of Mission to the Unknown — YouTube.
- Trillion Trees.
- Criminal: UK — Netflix.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)