Darknet Diaries host Jack Rhysider joins us to discuss a cybersecurity goof in the wake of the US presidential elections, the US finally fingering the hackers responsible for disrupting the Winter Olympics in South Korea, and to take a long hard look at long hard legal mumbojumbo…
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Jack Rhysider from Darknet Diaries.
Plus don’t miss our featured interview with Mimecast’s Danielle Papadakis.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/204 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guests: Danielle Papadakis and Jack Rhysider.
- Mimecast: Mimecast’s State of Email Security 2020 report helps you understand the most pervasive threats and how they attack organizations at their email perimeters, from inside the organization (through compromised accounts, vulnerable insiders, social engineering), or beyond the organization’s perimeters (the domains they own and their brands via impersonation).
- Grab your copy at smashingsecurity.com/mimecasthub
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
- But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
- Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- Kroll: Rapidly detecting a threat is meaningless without the ability to respond with confidence. Kroll responds to over 2,000 cyber incidents every year and is uniquely positioned to bring that capability and expertise 24×7 with Responder. Kroll Responder merges hunting, detection, containment and remediation to deliver best-in-class endpoint security.
- See how Responder works at smashingsecurity.com/kroll
- Legal complaint on behalf of Donald J Trump for President Inc and Republican National Committee — PDF.
- Don’t touch the green button!
- Reddit thread about Donttouchthegreenbutton.com
- Richey Ward’s Twitter thread showing how over 163k records were exposed in the Don’t Touch The Green Button database — Twitter.
- Trump lawsuit site to report ‘rejected votes’ leaked voter data — Bleeping Computer.
- Hilarious news report of the Four Seasons Total Landscaping debacle — Tweet by Ros Atkins of the BBC.
- “Yourefired” was Donald Trump’s Twitter password, claim hackers — Graham Cluley.
- Donald Trump’s Twitter password is “maga2020!”, and there’s no 2FA, claims hacker — Graham Cluley.
- Six Russian GRU Officers Charged in Connection with Worldwide Deployment of Destructive Malware and Other Disruptive Actions in Cyberspace — Department of Justice.
- What does your phone know about you? — Think Money.
- Popular app T&Cs ‘longer than Harry Potter’ — BBC News.
- Study on consumers’ attitudes towards Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) — European Commission (PDF).
- Terms of Service; Didn’t Read
- TLDRLegal — Software Licenses Explained in Plain English.
- Simply Docs — Legal, Business & Property Documents & Templates.
- The Armstrongs Episode 1 Part 1 — YouTube.
- Oral Breeze — Jack’s pick for the best dental irrigator for water flossing.
- You’re Wrong About — Apple Podcasts.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)