Watch out for a whole different type of shoulder-surfing, researchers uncover the CostaRicto hackers-for-hire gang, and we take a peek at who is behind Parler.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Chris Cochran from the Hacker Valley Studio podcast.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/205 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Chris Cochran.
- Recorded Future: Recorded Future empowers your organization, revealing unknown threats before they impact your business, and helping your teams respond to alerts 10 times faster. How does it do this? By automatically collecting and analyzing intelligence from technical, open web, and dark web sources.
- For up-to-the-minute security intelligence that can help you make fast and confident security decisions, install the free browser extension Recorded Future Express.
- Get it now at smashingsecurity.com/recordedfuture
- LastPass: LastPass Enterprise simplifies password management for companies of every size, with the right tools to secure your business with centralized control of employee passwords and apps.
- But, LastPass isn’t just for enterprises, it’s an equally great solution for business teams, families and single users.
- Go to lastpass.com/smashing to see why LastPass is the trusted enterprise password manager of over 33 thousand businesses.
- Hackers could now know what people type on Zoom video call by evaluating the shoulder movement of users — Digital Information World.
- Zoom on the Keystrokes: Exploiting Video Calls for Keystroke Inference Attacks — Cornell University.
- The CostaRicto Campaign: Cyber-Espionage Outsourced — BlackBerry.
- New stealthy hacker-for-hire group mimics state-backed attackers — Bleeping Computer.
- The conservative alternative to Twitter wants to be a place for free speech for all. It turns out, rules still apply — Washington Post.
- Parler: what you need to know about the ‘free speech’ Twitter alternative — The Conversation.
- What If Cambridge Analytica Owned Its Own Social Network? CA Backer Rebekah Mercer Admits She’s A Co-Founder Of Parler — Techdirt.
- Hazel — Automated organization for your Mac from Noodlesoft.
- Make Noise — A creator’s guide to podcasting and great audio storytelling by Eric Nuzum.
- Rendevous C’était un Rendez vous 1976 — YouTube.
- C’etait un Rendezvous, The Original Street Racing Video — YouTube documentary.
- C’était un rendez-vous — Wikipedia.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)