Mensa – the social club for people with high IQs – is accused of not being so smart about security, an Indian TV journalist gets an unbelievable job offer from Harvard, and we take a look at what's being going on with GameStop short selling.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/213 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Mark Stockley.
- Recorded Future: Recorded Future’s podcast, Inside Security Intelligence, takes a deep dive into the world of cyber threat intelligence
They share stories from the trenches and the operations floor, giving you the lowdown on established and emerging adversaries
Whether it’s the SolarWinds breach, 5G conspiracy theories, or Russian election interference, Inside Security Intelligence gives you a fresh take from a variety of industry experts
- CrowdSec: CrowdSec is open-source and crowd-powered software enabling you to detect and block attacks. While sharing with its user community, you contribute to improve its efficiency and make the internet safer.
- 1Password: With 1Password you only ever need to memorize one password. All your other passwords and important information are protected by your Master Password, which only you know. Take the 14 day free trial now.
- Two British Mensa directors quit over cyber security concerns — Financial Times.
- Mensa Website Hacked After Britain’s Smartest Folk Failed To Secure Passwords — Forbes.
- Poor password security at the British branch of Mensa? — Graham Cluley.
- I Am Nidhi Razdan, Not A Harvard Professor, But… — NDTV.
- GameStop stock price — MarketWatch.
- GameStop: What is it and why is it trending? — BBC News.
- An uprising against Wall Street? Hardly. GameStop was about the absurdity of the stock market — The Guardian.
- GameStop short squeeze fuels new stock-market services tracking Reddit messages — MarketWatch.
- The Basics of Shorting Stock — The Balance.
- The Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty — BBC iPlayer.
- The Office ASMR — A Podcast to Sleep To.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)