The FBI is hoping that its hunt for Capitol rioters will go viral, a cryptocurrency con lets its perpetrator live the high life… for a while, and just what does Facebook have against cows and a team of cricketers?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by BBC technology correspondent Zoe Kleinman.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/215 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Zoe Kleinman.
- 1Password: With 1Password you only ever need to memorize one password. All your other passwords and important information are protected by your Master Password, which only you know. Take the 14 day free trial now.
- Recorded Future: Recorded Future’s podcast, Inside Security Intelligence, takes a deep dive into the world of cyber threat intelligence
- They share stories from the trenches and the operations floor, giving you the lowdown on established and emerging adversaries
- Whether it’s the SolarWinds breach, 5G conspiracy theories, or Russian election interference, Inside Security Intelligence gives you a fresh take from a variety of industry experts
- The FBI Wants You To Make These Photos Of Capitol Insurrectionists Go Viral — Huffington Post.
- Capitol Violence — FBI.
- Sedition Hunters.
- Boston Bombing: The Anatomy of a Misinformation Disaster — The Atlantic.
- Iced Earth’s singer and bassist quit band “in response to recent events and circumstances” — NME.
- Capitol Insurrection: More Than 230 People Charged And What We Know About Them — NPR.
- ‘Overtly sexual’ cow blocked as Facebook ad — BBC News.
- What is Stefan Qin’s edge in crypto? Fraud, says the SEC — Digital Finance.
- Founder Of $90 Million Cryptocurrency Hedge Fund Charged With Securities Fraud And Pleads Guilty In Federal Court — Department of Justice.
- A crypto kid had a $23,000-a-month condo. Then the feds came — Fortune.
- Radio Garden — Explore live radio by rotating the globe.
- On Her Majesty’s Secret Service mind control scene — YouTube.
- Mark Kermode’s Secrets of Cinema — BBC.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)