Actor, presenter and writer Robert Llewellyn, famous for playing the part of Kryten in the science-fiction comedy "Red Dwarf," joins us as we discuss robots gone rogue, electric vehicle nightmares, and creepy companions.
All this and much much more can be found in the latest edition of the "Smashing Security" podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Robert Llewellyn - famous for "Fully Charged," "Scrapheap Challenge," and as Kryten on "Red Dwarf."
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/217 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- 'Drunk' robot vacuums spark complaints from owners — BBC News.
- Roomba S9+ weird behaviour on version 3.10.8 — Reddit.
- Time lapse video of i7+ attempting to return to clean base after 3.12.8 update — Reddit.
- Robot vacuum cleaners can eavesdrop on your conversations, researchers reveal — Bitdefender BOX blog.
- The Hidden Cyber Risks of Electric Vehicles — Upstream.
- Mindfulness, laughter and robot dogs may relieve lockdown loneliness – study — The Guardian.
- Charlie — YouTube.
- Aibo — YouTube.
- Lovot — YouTube.
- Petit Qoobo — YouTube.
- Flatcat — YouTube.
- For All Mankind trailer — YouTube.
- For All Mankind — Apple TV.
- "Diary of an MP's Wife: Inside and Outside Power" by Sasha Swire. — Amazon.
- "I Care A Lot" trailer — YouTube.
- I Care A Lot — IMDB.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)