Is it the end of the road for John McAfee? Is PornHub more legitimate than Facebook? And do you know as much as you think you do about the Microsoft Exchange Server mega-hack?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by The Cyberwire's Dave Bittner.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/218 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Dave Bittner.
- Sailpoint: SailPoint Identity Security can help you enable your business and manage the cyber risk associated with the explosion of technology access in the cloud enterprise – ensuring each worker has the right access to do their job – no more, no less.
Gain unmatched visibility and intelligence while automating and accelerating the management of all user identities, entitlements, systems, data and cloud services.
- 1Password: Check out 1Password’s podcast “Random but Memorable” for lighthearted security advice and banter with hosts Matt, Anna, and Michael.
Listen to the “Random but Memorable” show in your favourite podcast app to hear the latest about security horror stories, data breaches, password hacking, and more.
- John McAfee ‘disguised as Guatemalan street hawker with a limp’ — The Telegraph.
- John McAfee Wanted for Murder — Gizmodo.
- John McAfee says he infected laptops with malware, spied and stole passwords from Belize officials — Naked Security.
- John McAfee is running for president — Graham Cluley.
- Good luck John McAfee, socially engineering a corpse… — Graham Cluley.
- How To Uninstall McAfee Antivirus — YouTube.
- John David McAfee And Executive Adviser Of His Cryptocurrency Team Indicted In Manhattan Federal Court For Fraud And Money Laundering Conspiracy Crimes — US Department of Justice.
- IsLegitSite — Check if a website is legitimate or not.
- Microsoft Exchange Server Market Share and Competitor Report — Datanyze.
- Four new hacking groups have joined an ongoing offensive against Microsoft’s email servers — MIT Technology Review.
- A Basic Timeline of the Exchange Mass-Hack — Krebs on Security.
- New nation-state cyberattacks — Microsoft.
- The Kilobyte’s Gambit — A 1k chess game.
- The Repair Shop — Netflix.
- The Repair Shop — BBC One.
- Sideways — BBC Radio 4.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)