How are cheerleaders being creeped out by deepfakes? What might Tinder tell potential dates about your murky past? And how should companies respond to the press when a security breach occurs?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Yvonne Eskenzi.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/219 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Yvonne Eskenzi.
- CrowdSec: CrowdSec is open-source and crowd-powered software enabling you to detect and block attacks. While sharing with its user community, you contribute to improve its efficiency and make the internet safer.
- Sailpoint: SailPoint Identity Security can help you enable your business and manage the cyber risk associated with the explosion of technology access in the cloud enterprise – ensuring each worker has the right access to do their job – no more, no less.
- Gain unmatched visibility and intelligence while automating and accelerating the management of all user identities, entitlements, systems, data and cloud services.
- 1Password: Check out 1Password’s podcast “Random but Memorable” for lighthearted security advice and banter with hosts Matt, Anna, and Michael.
- Listen to the “Random but Memorable” show in your favourite podcast app to hear the latest about security horror stories, data breaches, password hacking, and more.
- Chris Farley makes an energetic entrance to the David Letterman show — YouTube.
- Cheer — Netflix.
- Bucks County woman created ‘deepfake’ videos to harass rivals on her daughter’s cheerleading squad, DA says — Philadelphia Inquirer.
- Cheerleader, 17, who appeared in ‘deepfake’ vaping video ‘made by rival’s mom’ tells how she broke down in tears — The Sun.
- Oliver Reed on being deadly — YouTube.
- Deep Tom Cruise — TikTok.
- Deep Tom Cruise pretends to be a snapping turtle — TikTok.
- Deep Tom Cruise demonstrates his golf swing — TikTok.
- A Guide to Crisis Communications for Incident Response — Eskenzi PR.
- Tinder to introduce in-app background checks — BBC News.
- Garbo – A new kind of online background check.
- Match Group Partners with Garbo to Make Groundbreaking Background Check Technology Accessible To Users, Starting with Tinder — Press release.
- Blinkist — Summaries of over 3,000 bestselling non-fiction books.
- Acriflex — Antiseptic burns cream.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)