How are cheerleaders being creeped out by deepfakes? What might Tinder tell potential dates about your murky past? And how should companies respond to the press when a security breach occurs?
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/219 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: "Vinyl Memories" by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
- Chris Farley makes an energetic entrance to the David Letterman show — YouTube.
- Cheer — Netflix.
- Bucks County woman created ‘deepfake’ videos to harass rivals on her daughter’s cheerleading squad, DA says — Philadelphia Inquirer.
- Cheerleader, 17, who appeared in 'deepfake' vaping video 'made by rival's mom' tells how she broke down in tears — The Sun.
- Oliver Reed on being deadly — YouTube.
- Deep Tom Cruise — TikTok.
- Deep Tom Cruise pretends to be a snapping turtle — TikTok.
- Deep Tom Cruise demonstrates his golf swing — TikTok.
- A Guide to Crisis Communications for Incident Response — Eskenzi PR.
- Tinder to introduce in-app background checks — BBC News.
- Garbo - A new kind of online background check.
- Match Group Partners with Garbo to Make Groundbreaking Background Check Technology Accessible To Users, Starting with Tinder — Press release.
- Blinkist — Summaries of over 3,000 bestselling non-fiction books.
- Acriflex — Antiseptic burns cream.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)