Deepfake expert Nina Schick joins us as we discuss synthetic media, Facebook's latest data fiasco, and some less-than-brilliant April Fool's tricks.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/222 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Nina Schick.
- Duo: While remote work has been on the rise for years now, the recent rapid expansion of work-from-home culture presents new security challenges. Duo Security makes application access more secure for organizations of all sizes. Its modern access security is designed to safeguard all users, devices, and applications – so you can stay focused on what you do best.
Proactively reduce the risk of a data breach, verify users’ identities, gain visibility into every device and enforce polices to secure access to every application. Give your organization the peace-of-mind that only complete device visibility can bring. Visit Duo.com to sign-up for a free 30 day trial.
- 1Password: With 1Password you only ever need to memorize one password. All your other passwords and important information are protected by your Master Password, which only you know. Take the 14 day free trial now.
- Stolen Data of 533 Million Facebook Users Leaked Online — Business Insider.
- Mark Zuckerberg is on Signal — Dave Walker on Twitter.
- The Facebook Phone Numbers Are Now Searchable in Have I Been Pwned — Troy Hunt.
- Facebook isn’t sorry for letting someone steal personal details of half a billion users — Graham Cluley.
- Smashing Security episode 75: Quitting Facebook.
- Deep Fakes – the coming infocalypse. — Nina Schick.
- This Person Does Not Exist.
- ‘Deepfake’ AI Trump impersonator highlights election fake news threat — CNBC.
- Past Google April Fools Pranks As It Cancels 2021’s Over COVID — Newsweek.
- “Joke” tweet by Piers Morgan — Twitter.
- The joke is on Volkswagen after April Fool’s name change debacle — Al Jazeera.
- Deliveroo April Fool’s joke backfires in France — BBC News.
- The 8 Generations of Video Game Consoles — BBC Archive.
- The Terror — BBC iPlayer.
- Pretend it’s a city — Netflix.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)