Video gaming giant Electronic Arts suffers a hack following slack security, the Japanese Olympics are proving unpopular with everyone apart from cybercriminals, and le coq est mort.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/232 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Maria Varmazis.
- 1Password: Around 80% of business data breaches result from weak or reused passwords. Using 1Password can close the gaps in your company’s security, combat shadow IT, and help your employees stay both productive and secure, wherever they are.
1Password makes the secure thing to do the easiest thing to do.
Instant control, effortless management. Quickly deploy 1Password to a single team, multiple teams, or your entire enterprise. Provision employees using trusted systems, respond quickly to domain breach reports, and offer every business user a free 1Password Families account for work-from-home security.
Find out more and try 1Password free for 14 days at 1Password.com
- Deep Secure: Deep Secure Threat Removal takes incoming poisoned Word documents, boobytrapped PowerPoint slides and the like, and creates brand new files with just the good stuff (and none of the bad). It is a great way of handling brand new threats coming into organisations via the web, email or file sharing and can run alongside your existing anti-virus.
Threat Removal gives you the good stuff by delivering files that are 100% threat-free, fully functional and fully revisable.
Visit deep-secure.com/smashingsecurity for more information, and set up your free trial today.
- JumpCloud: JumpCloud’s Directory Platform makes it easier to solve today’s IT challenges by unifying device and user management through a single pane of glass.
With JumpCloud securely managing your users and their devices, doing common things like onboarding and offboarding remote workers is easy.
Try JumpCloud for free today at smashingsecurity.com/jumpcloud and help your organization move to a modern, secure hybrid work model.
- Coq on GitHub.
- Alternative names for Coq.
- Realizing this is getting out of hand, Coq mulls new name for programming language — The Register.
- Terminology: it’s not black and white — NCSC.
- Hackers Steal Wealth of Data from Game Giant EA — Vice.
- Japan – COVID-19 Overview — Johns Hopkins.
- Olympics 2021: When Tokyo Games start and what restrictions will be in place — Irish Mirror.
- Tokyo Olympic Games: When are they and will they go ahead despite Covid? — BBC News.
- Tokyo Olympics organizers’ data swept up in Fujitsu hack: report — CyberScoop.
- Tokyo Games organizers hit by data breach and info leak — The Japan Times.
- XPOL-2-5G antenna — Poynting.
- Mondo Mascots — Twitter.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)