How did investigators ask a romance scammer out on a date, smart homes continue to play dumb, and is it time for social media sites to do more about racist football fans?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by BBC technology reporter Zoe Kleinman.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/236 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Zoe Kleinman.
- Offensive Security: With the skills gap increasing, it’s more important than ever to train your staff effectively and efficiently. Industry-leading Offensive Security provides training for your organization designed by the same minds behind Kali Linux and the OSCP.
- Visit smashingsecurity.com/offsec to learn more!
- Privacy.com: Privacy.com lets you buy things online using virtual cards instead of having to use your real ones, protecting your identity and bank information on the internet. Right now, new customers will automatically get $5 to spend on their first purchase. Go to privacy.com/smashing to sign up now.
- 1Password: Around 80% of business data breaches result from weak or reused passwords. Using 1Password can close the gaps in your company’s security, combat shadow IT, and help your employees stay both productive and secure, wherever they are.
- 1Password makes the secure thing to do the easiest thing to do.
- Instant control, effortless management. Quickly deploy 1Password to a single team, multiple teams, or your entire enterprise. Provision employees using trusted systems, respond quickly to domain breach reports, and offer every business user a free 1Password Families account for work-from-home security.
- Find out more and try 1Password free for 14 days at 1Password.com
- How Does The Secret Service Track Fugitives? One Romance Scammer Hunt Started With A Simple Text — Forbes.
- Stingrays bought, quietly used by police forces across England — Ars Technica.
- Euro 2020: Why abuse remains rife on social media — BBC News.
- Clapper commercial — YouTube.
- Samsung Washing Machine App Requires Access to Your Contacts and Location — Vice.
- Why first-time buyers should buy into smart home tech for their first move — Property Reporter.
- Graham Cluley with his Columbo mug — Twitter.
- The Columbophile fan site.
- How Columbo Became an Unlikely Quarantine Hit — GQ.
- Bose QuietComfort Earbuds — Bose.
- Late Night POV Cooking with J Kenji López-Alt — YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)