Pygmy hippopotamus bugs, DEF CON’s data slip-up, and phishing fraudsters have their collars felt.
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by Naked Security’s Paul Ducklin.
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/238 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
We’re going to be taking a holiday for a couple of weeks, but will be back with a regular show later in August.
Follow the show on Twitter at @SmashinSecurity, or on the Smashing Security subreddit, or visit our website for more episodes.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: Paul Ducklin.
- 1Password: Cybercrime is at an all-time high, and it’s not slowing down, so why should you? This August, you’re invited to Security Summer School, a brand new webinar series hosted by the 1Password team.
- Learn from security experts at top organizations, hear about sizzling security trends, and get quick tips for building a culture of security at home and work.
- Get exclusive perks like 1Password swag for attending events, enjoy the chance to network with top security leaders, and much much more. Find out more and enroll now.
- Offensive Security: With the skills gap increasing, it’s more important than ever to train your staff effectively and efficiently. Industry-leading Offensive Security provides training for your organization designed by the same minds behind Kali Linux and the OSCP.
- Visit smashingsecurity.com/offsec to learn more!
- DEF CON masks and vaccination FAQ.
- Hacking DEF CON 29 — Reznok.
- Tweet by Jeff Moss (Dark Tangent) thanking Reznok.
- PetitPotam proof-of-concept tool — GitHub.
- Windows “PetitPotam” network attack – how to protect against it — Naked Security.
- Fraud Family cybercrime ring under the spotlight as arrests made in the Netherlands — Bitdefender.
- The Trigan Empire — Wikipedia.
- The Rise and Fall of The Trigan Empire: Volume 1 — Treasury British Comics Shop.
- Tangle Teezer — If you want to be a Fashion Captain, like Duck.
- Modern Love trailer — YouTube.
- Modern Love (TV series) — Wikipedia.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)