The Great Londini has gathered a two million strong army to out TikTok trolls, there's a bad supply chain vulnerability in many IoT devices, and how did Wikipedia pages end up covered in Nazi swastikas?
All this and much much more is discussed in the latest edition of the “Smashing Security” podcast by computer security veterans Graham Cluley and Carole Theriault, joined this week by John Hawes (who has a very controversial Pick of the Week…)
Visit https://www.smashingsecurity.com/239 to check out this episode’s show notes and episode links.
Remember: Follow us on Apple Podcasts, or your favourite podcast app, to catch all of the episodes as they go live. Thanks for listening!
Warning: This podcast may contain nuts, adult themes, and rude language.
Theme tune: “Vinyl Memories” by Mikael Manvelyan.
Assorted sound effects: AudioBlocks.
Special Guest: John Hawes.
- 1Password: Around 80% of business data breaches result from weak or reused passwords. Using 1Password can close the gaps in your company’s security, combat shadow IT, and help your employees stay both productive and secure, wherever they are.
1Password makes the secure thing to do the easiest thing to do.
Instant control, effortless management. Quickly deploy 1Password to a single team, multiple teams, or your entire enterprise. Provision employees using trusted systems, respond quickly to domain breach reports, and offer every business user a free 1Password Families account for work-from-home security.
Find out more and try 1Password free for 14 days at 1Password.com
- Thousands of Wikipedia Pages Vandalized With Giant Swastikas — Gizmodo.
- Video of Wikipedia defacement — Twitter.
- Scottish Wikipedia.
- Um, almost the entire Scots Wikipedia was written by someone with no idea of the language – 10,000s of articles — The Register.
- Protection policy — Wikipedia.
- Austrian soldier imprisoned for showing photos of swastika tattoo on testicle — Jewish News.
- Advisory: Multiple Issues in Realtek SDK Affects Hundreds of Thousands of Devices Down the Supply Chain — IOT Inspector.
- TikTok adds more safety features for teens — CNET.
- TikTok Vigilante Group the Great Londini Has Made Hunting Down Trolls Its Mission — Insider.
- Who is TikTok’s masked vigilante? — BBC News.
- News Bunny — Wikipedia.
- The Movies That Made Us — Netflix.
- The School of Life — YouTube.
- How Not to be Boring — YouTube.
- Smashing Security merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, stickers and stuff)